New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kailan with Pork and Mushroom Gravy


Kailan is Chinese Kale.

My mom used to do kailan almost this way. I added in shitake mushroom slices this time.
You can do the gravy in advance and pour it on the blanched kailan just before serving.

This portion is enough for 4 persons. It's too much if you're feeding carnivores and too little if feeding herbivores.

Kailan with Pork and Mushroom Gravy Recipe
300gm Hong Kong Kailan
Bring a pot of water (about3L), add in ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar and 1 tsp oil. Blanch kale for 30 seconds. Drain well.

Gravy
1/3 cup pork, cut into thin strips, matching the mushrooms (Chicken breast strips may be substituted)
3 pcs large dried shitake, soaked and sliced
2 tbsp oil
2 shallots (sliced thinly)
1 clove garlic (chopped finely)

Seasoning (combine together)
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
½ cup water or slightly more.

1. Heat wok and put in oil. Saute shallots until fragrant, add in garlic. Fry until both are lightly golden.
2. Put in pork strips and stir fry until meat is cooked.
3. Put in mushrooms and toss for 30 seconds.
4. Put in seasoning mixture and bring to a boil, adding more water if its too thick.
5. Let it simmer for 30 seconds and pour gravy on blanched kailan. Serve.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could get some kailan here too...I love them stir-fried with beef or chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you cook one? look better that restaurant one...
    dont tell me ur bungkus from restaurant and take a photos ar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just from you beautiful shot, I know this must tasted good !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    There's no kailan in Germany?
    Yeah, stir fried is nice too.

    Voon,
    Yeah, tapau from Restoran Wendyinkk

    Sonia,
    They tasted real good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then I can take order. Delivery order to my place :D The vegie still looks fresh in green, plus shitake mushroom, hm ... simply irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DG,
    Can Can.... hope that it doesn't spoil along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think that I could eat all 4 servings. I might be drooling on my keyboard right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...